Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Oh yeah, the Chuckster's a typical wargamer, all right!

Hi Kids,  How can you tell the Chuckster's a hardcore gaming fool?  Its easy, and here's the proof.  You know how people find stuff in the pockets of their winter coats when they wear them after hanging in the closet all year?  Most people find lint, spare change, maybe a $10 bill...
What's the Chuckster find in the coat he hasn't worn in 5 or 10 years?  You guessed it, Miniatures!
The Basement of Heaped Miniatures is getting sneakier by freakin' minute!  Hell, I don't even remember ever buying these guys, much less ever intending to build a Slayer Dwarf army for W$Fantasy.  In fact, of all the armies dwarves are probably the least likely I would ever build.  I haven't even played W$Fantasy in 5 years. It's a long story, but back in 3rd ed for about 10 years solid I lost to dwarves all the time.  I could go into further detail (such as my opponent taking 80 troops with magic seeking arrows ("just to see what would happen" sez he), 5-10 siege machines (aka cannon, bolt throwers, catapults, organ guns etc), or how he demanded that all armies be separated by 36" instead of the legally intended 24," ("because it makes more sense for the troops to have room to deploy" sez he), or even how we had to insert "initiative rolls" to see which army went first each turn (guess who was stuck in no-man's land for an extra turn?).

But maybe that would just be crying over spilt milk....

How did we get on this topic anyway?  Oh, that's right! I found these slayer dwarf command figs in my coat pocket!  Wooooo Hooooooo!!!

1 comment:

ColKillgore said...

I still say it is a win when you find minis in your coat pocket, even if it is from years ago.