Sunday, February 1, 2015

Company B 1:56 T-28

Hi Kids,  And the Chuckster's painting again!  Who would believe it?  Here's a shot of my recently painted Russian T-28 (the tank, not the plane) from Company B in 1/56.  I've never been a huge fan of KV-1 Green so I thought I'd dress this one up with a little camo.  After building it I found out there was a version with one of the MG turrets upgraded to a 45mm AT gun!  If I had know that I probably would have fitted the bigger gun, cause more firepower is usually a good thing.  I'm kinda disappointed that the picture came out so lousy, I can't get the entire vehicle into focus?  How pathetic is that? Gonna have to play with the depth of field selection again....

Also in the month of January I painted up two Tau Stealth suits (the old metal ones) in my Mars camo pattern.  Now they have joined up with the Tau forces hanging out on the shelves with all the other 40K and Fantasy stuff.  One of these days I'm going to find a Sci-Fi ruleset and start using all that stuff again.

I'm thinking of making a Chieftain Tank t shirt.  I think this shot would look good on the back.  What's everyone think? Gotta dig that 120mm rifled gun!
 And here's a picture of one of my favorite planes, the Curtiss AT-9 (or maybe its the AT-9A?)  I just think it's a neat little plane.  A trainer for high performance twins like the P-38 or B-26.  Some pilots joked that it was so difficult to fly that the P-38 should've been a trainer for the AT-9!
 And while we're on the subject of pictures, here's one of Sophia in the movie "Boy on a Dolphin."  All I can tell you is until you've seen that movie you just haven't lived.  Netflix is your friend.

1 comment:

ColKillgore said...

the T-28 is complete, early war gaming is at hand.