Monday, December 29, 2014

Soul Grinder Reconstruction

I recently picked up a lot of Chaos Daemons from a local gamer. Included in the lot was a Soul Grinder that had seen better days. It looks like a small dog had won the fight an gnawed the power fist arm off at the shoulder. I wish I would have taken a couple before shop but i already had the milliput on before I thought about the camera.


I used a big piece of Milliput to fill the void left in the shoulder. I then pinned a piece of 2.5mm styrene rod so I would have an attach point for the arm. once the arm id finished i will come back later and use green stuff the sculpt on the shoulder.


The power claw arm patched and filled with some milliput.



Dry fit of the shoulder.


Longer shot, I think it will work


The key is using a piece of 5/32nd styrene tube to make a locking ring to keep the arm in place while I sculpt the shoulder over the joint.


The first round of green stuff to add some mechanical detail back to the arm.


The flip side of the arm with more green stuff detail. I will not be able to hide all the damage but it is a warped Daemon Engine of Chaos, a little battle damage adds character.

ColKG

2 comments:

Mordian7th said...

Nicely done! Great save.

ColKillgore said...

Thanks, I hope to get it back into shape soon.