Monday, August 12, 2013

Secondary Guns for the Potemkin

Hi Kids,  Finally got off my butt and finished working on the Russian Battleship Potemkin.  Yeah, that's right, the one from the movie.  If you have a copy of the game "Russo-Japanese War" from Avalanche Publishing the Potemkin counter has a movie camera on it.  Its just that famous.  Now I know the eagle eyed viewers of this blog will recognize the ship here, (and those of you who read the title won't even need to do that) since this is the same model I built about 6 months ago.  But now I've finally used piano wire and a pin vise to add the secondary guns into their positions.  Why did I decide to go ahead and do this?  I looked at all the other ships I've built and they all had their secondaries fitted.  How could I build this latest hull to a lesser standard?  And it was really a snap afterall!  I still highly recommend the 1/600 Ironclad line from www.oldglory25s.com for these beauties! 
I still like the idea of a huge flag to denote the name of the vessel, I have never liked the look of a base on a ship mini, especially one with the name printed on a corner.  For those purists out there the flag can be removed in an instant.

3 comments:

ColKillgore said...

Does this mean the return of some Russo-Japanese Naval gaming?

like Here


http://mlwodementia.blogspot.com/2009/10/russo-japanese-naval-battle.html

Chuckaroobob said...

Holy Cow! Was that game really Oct 2009? Jeez.....

Maybe we should get busy!

ColKillgore said...

Yep, 2009.

ColKG