Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sculpting Spirit Host wip

I have started on yet another project. I picked up a pack of the finecast spirit hosts and I was disappointed. The amount of work I will need to apply to them is going to take me quite a while to get them ready for the table. I have decided to sculpt my own Spirit host master, so I can cast it in resin. It is another slow burn project but eventually I will finish it and cast up a pile for my Vampire Counts to command.


The start. I used a piece of plastic sprue, a brass wire and a roll of milliput to get it going.


Much more milliput and a skull added


A hood added


 I trimmed off a bit to shape it better and then added some green stuff to form the arms and the basic form s of the hands.

So far my plan is to use greenstuff sculpt a flowing robe covering the the hands and hanging down under the arms. the cover the rest of the model with a greenstuff robe. A lot more to go, just adding a little bit at a time.

ColKG

3 comments:

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

Looking good so far, eagerly awaiting more progress!

Cheers

Powerposey said...

I can't wait to see the finished product. Some of the best spirit host I have seen just use older models painted "ghostly"

ColKillgore said...

I thought about doing that, using other models and just painting them like ghosts, I have seen several examples of that and they look good. I didn't want to "loot" models from another army to do it. I thought about it and decided to try and sculpt my own spirit host. The only way to learn is to do it, whatever the results. I eventually want to cast them in resin and don't want to be labeled a recaster of GW models, So an original sculpt is the only way to go.

ColKG