Monday, January 21, 2013

Gaming Underground Tournament armies

I made it out to my first 40k tournament in a long time. It was held at Gaming Underground in High Point, NC. They ended up with fifteen players. I walked around and took some pictures of the armies but didn't get the names to match all the armies.


 Detachment Omicron 4 Kappa, this is the final army I decided to take, two infantry platoons, two hydras, two griffons, two armored sentinels with las cannons, two enginseers with plasma cannon servitiors, two ratling squads,a company commander, a Primaris psyker and three scout sentinels with autocannons. I went with style and a well painted army.


Grey knights with necrons


Chaos daemons with a horde of screamers


 Space wolves



Sisters of Battle


Chaos daemons


Dark Angels


Dark Eldar



Dark Angels


Last is Greg D's Necrons, He would go on and win the best painted award for the tournament.

Congratulations Greg

More to follow
ColKG

3 comments:

sonsoftaurus said...

Cool. Wish I could have made it out. Those DA players got stuff together pretty fast!

You can see more pics of Greg's crons from a few years ago here: http://sonsoftaurus.blogspot.com/2010/11/bash-from-past-who-let-crons-out-tau-vs.html?m=1

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

Looks like a great event! And nice looking armies although some are only partially painted. Nice army compositions though.

Cheers

ColKillgore said...

Many of the players had only partially painted armies and a couple were barely primed or not even that. I wanted to play with a well painted army so it limited my choices from my collection. Several of the armies were not on display until they were put on the table so I didn't get pictures of then.

ColKG