Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Iron Warriors finished

Two more Iron Warriors ready for the table.

From the last post I washed the models in a Future/Black ink mix and let them dry. I added Scab Red to the lenses and horns. Then covered the metal details in Dwarf bronze. I went back over the horns with Red gore. The bullet tips are dark angels green and highlighted by Bilious green. I washed the base with leprous brown and then edged the base with goblin green. not pictured is the final bleached bone dry brush across the flock. It is a simple scheme without alot of clutter and quick to paint.

Here are the new Iron warriors in their Havoc squad with the old edition heavy bolters. The funny thing is after I took the picture I went back and drilled out the bolter barrels and the old style vents on the back packs of several of the troopers. That prompted me to look through the rest of my already built forces. I need to go back and do the same for many of the troopers.



This is the Aspiring champ for the squad and I have since drilled his bolt pistol barrel out too. He is a good example of how I built my first batches of Iron warriors. He has a third edition torso, a pair of fantasy chaos warrior legs, the bolt pistol arm is a khorne berserker one and the buzzsaw arm is from a necromunda pit slave.


There is some more rumour talk of the next Chaos Space Marine having an Iron Warrior special character with a servo harness. I just wish they would allow Iron warriors to take servo arms as an option again, so I can use all the models I have with servo arms as servo arms and not just styling.


ColKG

7 comments:

Chris said...

Looking good!

ColKillgore said...

Thanks Chris. I have been going back over my old Iron Warriors and over half need their bolter/bolt pistol barrels drilled out. Some also need a few touch ups that were okay with me when I first painted them years ago but are not okay with me now.

ColKG

Disgruntled Fusilier said...

"Iron Within, Iron Without!" They look awesome. If I wasn't such a boy scout, I'd take up Chaos in a second.

ColKillgore said...

@Steven, Hey everybody needs a change every now and then. Remember that everything depends on your point of view. From the Iron Warriors point of view The Imperials are dupes of the propaganda put out by the supporters of the corpse emperor. Both Imperial and Chaos do the same atrocities because they think they are in the right, Yes they are on different sides but they are on the same coin.

Sorry about that, enough 40k politics.

ColKG

Disgruntled Fusilier said...

As I'm reading your post, "something in the warp smiled" lol.
Salamanders are my guys. As you all know, they bring with them some interesting emotional baggage as it is, and they have a particular disdain for the Iron Warriors also.
Still though, you can't read the Iron Warriors books and not think they're bad-a**.
Love the 40k politics - no worries!

Stephen said...

Nice to see these being re-purposed. Gives me the incentive to do mine. Thanks.

ColKillgore said...

I am actually currently working on repainting some of my old generic chaos space marines over to Iron Warriors for a local 40k league. When I built these Heavy bolters I should have been building more autocannon armed Havocs. I am using the oop plastic chaos autocannons to build a Havoc squad with four.

ColKG