Friday, September 16, 2011

Ogre Kingdom Hunter Conversion

I have been adding to one of my Ogre Kingdom Hunter conversions. I had redid the models spear and turned it into a naginata styled halberd. I also wanted to add a oriental style bow based on a Japanese style Daikyu bow.

I drilled the hand and used a paper clip for the armature, then I added basic layer of greenstuff. I am still thinking on what I want for the final styling but I like the start.

The Naginata was just glued to the hand so I broke it off. I drilled the hand and shortened the long end of the shaft. Then pinned both sections back to the hand and touched the gap up with a little greenstuff. The Naginata is shorter now, a little more playable and more durable for the tabletop.


I decided to add a quiver for the Hunter's harpoons. After mocking up a couple different designs I went with an ogre sized box quiver holding two harpoon arrows. I roughed out the sides and then cut a center piece for the inside. I drilled two holes and then looped a piece of wire through it. The two ends of the wire will secure the harpoon arrows.



I used some 1/32 inch styrene tube for the arrows and scrap styrene sheet to make the fletchings.


I filled in the hollow part of the quiver with plastic contour putty then glued on a cover plate. I used some greenstuff to fill the gaps on the edges but still have more to do. I filled the end of the arrows with greenstuff and then sculpted some details onto the fletchings. Lastly I drilled some indentions in the front plate where I plan to sculpt some more detail later.


Here is a shot of the quiver tacked into place. I still need to add more detail.


A front shot of the hunter. I broke off the gut plate and will add a more stylish one later. I can see that it might have some problems on the table. The bow, arrows and spear all poke out a good way from the model and may get in the way when he charges into combat. I will worry about it more when I finish it and get it on the table.



ColKG

3 comments:

Chuckaroobob said...

Scott, if you want this guy to look like your picture on the top left corner, you're going to have to give him a lot more style, charm, chutzpah, and pizzaz! It's looking fab nonetheless!

Colonel O'Truth said...

Looking pretty cool! Nice work, dude!

ColKillgore said...

Thanks, I like the way it is going. It is still a work in progres, especially the bow. It is going to take a while to finish but I have a plan to work on the bow in stages and not get excited (like normal) and try and finish it in one go.

@Chuckaroo, trying the match the original will justleave a poor copy.