Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Commissar Conversions

Since I have started planning for the GameOnGw Escalation league, I have been working on several different projects related to my Imperial Guard army. One is updating some of my Rogue Trader era Commissars. Here is a trio of them. I had several armed with stormbolters but they are no longer legal upgrades so I have started to rearm them with plasma pistols and bolt pistols.
The other major change is to add powerfists to several of the Commissars. I test fitted a couple with the old RogueTrader space marine power fists but they were just too bulky. I raided the bits box and came up with a few of the old plastic Eldar powerfists. they are much slimmer and neater in my book. A downside is they all are the same so I have pinned the fist to the commissar's shoulder and have since sculpted the rest in.

2 comments:

sonsoftaurus said...

Cool. Look forward to cutting them down sometime!

Remember that currently only Commissar Lords and the upgrades for platoon command squads can get Power Fists - the ones for blob squads can only get power weapons.

ColKillgore said...

I have some more commisars with power weapons and a few of the oop female Commissars I plan to use for infantry squads. I have the three with powerfists for a Company Command and two Platoon Commands, plus I have a copy of Yarrick that I need to get painted someday.