Sunday, February 21, 2010

More Beasts

It seems I have been bitten by the Beastman bug again. After some dealing with Kenshinzo7 I came away with a bounty of beastman models. I picked up minotaurs, khorngors, ungors, bestigors, a centigor and Kzarnak model. The one I like the most from them all is the mordheim minotaur. I had only seen the model online before never in person.
My plans are to model the centigor with a club and use him as warhoof the new centigor special character. I will field the khorngors as regular bestigors, which will bring my total to around seventy. My problem now is there are too many units in the special section I want to field. I will have to pick and choose the units. I am working on some lists and will post about them later.

The other half of the deal was a bag full of skaven clan rats on the sprue, an old school doom wheel and a few other skaven models. These models take my skaven army from an over sized warband to a troop heavy army. I don't have the new skaven book so I am not sure of the points I could field. So as it stands my skaven consists of 130 or so clan rats, 20 slaves, 6 rat swarms, some beastmasters with giant rats and one rat ogre, one jezzail team, one doom wheel, a pile of the mordheim gutter runners and a handful of characters.
I would blame Mordheim for me building a basic skaven army around the skaven from the box but it would be false. My first ten skaven were from the Fantasy regiment box I bought back in the serpent years of the late eighties. For those that don't remember it was a box of sixty figures for I think $20US. It had ten models each of skaven, wood elves, dark elves, orc, goblins, and dwarfs and it ranks up with the three rhino box for $20 and the two land raiders for $20. Like everybody else now, I wish I would have bought twenty boxes of all of them but c'est la vie.
The funny thing is I won a bunch of skaven stuff in an auction down at the now closed GW store in Concord and have sold or traded most of it off. I guess I need to get the new skaven book so I came keep my eye out for what I need to add to the army.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll have a massive Beastmen army and I'm glad you liked all the models. I'm working on my own Beasts at the moment and trying to get my points figured out. My current projects include:

1. WFB: Dwarfs/Beastmen
2. 40k: Orks
3. Warmachine: Cygnar/RoS
4. Hordes: Trollbloods
plus a couple of historical projects.

I do remember the old fantasy warriors box. I bought it to get the wood elf archers at the time.

Kenshinzo 7 said...

That anonymous person is me Kenshinzo 7. I don't know what happened to the name in my post?

Kenshinzo 7 said...

Did you find those Skull pass miners?

ColKillgore said...

I have the skull pass miners and will get them to you next time we game at Chuckaroo's.

Kenshinzo 7 said...

Cool! I just finished assembling some beastmen characters including the old 5th ed. beastlord he's a little dated, but I like the old back banner.

Cheers

ColKillgore said...

If it is the model with a human skin back banner, I use it as a battle standard bearer.

Kenshinzo 7 said...

Yeah that's the one! I have the ltd ed. from the old army box that I use for a battle standard.