Thursday, January 28, 2010

One finished and some WIPs

My first finished figure for 2010 is this chronoscope cowgirl/ gunfighter figure that had been on the painting table for too long.

She was part of the great half finished horde of figures, but no more. She will probably take the field in the next instalment of the Prospector Bob saga.

I also played in an Africa Flames of War game at the Basement of Heaped Miniatures. It was six players with 2000 points each. I fielded a British Heavy Armoured Squadron and finally broke out these Deacons that have been in a bag for four or more years. I only had the wheels glued on for the game but fielded them in all their unpainted and partially assembled glory. They had a fair showing and, of course, were destroyed. I had fun even thought I was eliminated from the game before it finished. It motivated me to get the Deacons assembled and put some paint to them. I think I will finish them the next chance I get to set down and do some painting.

A classic Rogue Trader Chaos Dreadnought I am painting up in Death Guard Colors. This is an all lead model, from back in the day, when you could put your model in a sock and use it to beat your opponent into submission if you felt the urge.


This is a Forgeworld Nurgle Dreadnought I am also painting up in Death Guard colors. All resin but the arms are magnetized so I can swap out weapon options if I ever get more arm options.

3 comments:

Chuckaroobob said...

Hi Kids,That's some sweet looking stuff you got there! And the .45 Adventure games could really use a cowgirl femme fatale!

ColKillgore said...

I have some Mexican Banditos around somewhere, that I need to dig out and finish.

sonsoftaurus said...

Good stuff! I really like some of the Chronoscope stuff, have a few sitting around in blisters myself. Look forward to seeing the dreads in person sometime!